The San Antonio Business Journal announces the winners of its 2017 40 Under 40 awards. This year’s recipients will be recognized at a dinner event on Feb. 16 at the Norris Conference Center.
The 2017 40 Under 40 class was chosen by a panel of former 40 Under 40 winners. With more than 175 nominations received, paring the list to 40 was difficult.
During the event on Feb. 16, the Business Journal will announce the 40 Under 40 Man of the Year and 40 Under 40 Woman of the Year, who will be chosen by the judges in a secret ballot.
Here are the winners, in alphabetical order:
- Maria Araujo, high reliability systems manager, Southwest Research Institute
- Sherrika Arch, president, Straight Line Management LLC
- Smita Bhakta, attorney, Kruger Carson PLLC
- Pranav Bhounsule, assistant professor, University of Texas at San Antonio
- Henry Boone, project engineer, Turner Construction Co.
- Anne Buckthal, registered analyst, Sendero Wealth Management
- Katrina Campbell, vice president of development, Brighton Center
- Krystel Castillo, co-director of the manufacturing systems and automation laboratory, University of Texas at San Antonio
- Jonathan Collins, partner, Valcor Commercial Real Estate
- Haley Curry, vice president of external affairs, South Texas Energy & Economic Roundtable
- Maher Dayeh, senior research scientist, Southwest Research Institute
- Chryssa Delgado, admissions director, Texas A&M University – San Antonio
- Jose De La Cruz, chief innovation officer, city of San Antonio
- Manny Espinoza, director of global diversity and inclusion, Rackspace Hosting Inc.
- Jose Alejandro Flores, founder, VOS
- Melanie Frogozo, owner, Alamo Eye Care & The Contact Lens Institute of San Antonio
- Manica Isiguzo, director of clinical operations, Texas IPS-Intensivists, Pulmonary and Sleep
- Nicholas Jones, coordinator, Alamo Area Clean Cities Coalition
- Kyle Kinateder, executive director of economic development, Schertz Economic Development Corp.
- Brian Lennard, project manager, Zachry
- Franklin Lyons, CEO and founder, Merge Labs Inc.
- Charlie Malmberg, partner, Valcor Commercial Real Estate
- Michelle Martinez, owner, Michelle Martinez Communications
- Cassandra Miranda, director of partnerships, Northside Independent School District/NISD Education Foundation
- Michelle Moon, associate director, Visit San Antonio
- Juanita Peláez-Prada, partner, BegumPeláez-Prada
- Drue Placette, chief technology officer, Quirk & Co.
- Clayton Reaser, CEO, CNR Operations
- Christian Reed-Ogba, CEO, BethanyEast PR
- Robert Rochelle, producer, TCOR Management
- Levi Rodgers, owner, RE/MAX Military City/Levi Rodgers Real Estate Group
- Luis Rodriguez, chief operating officer and vice president of economic development, San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Zaida Saliba, vice president and corporate relationship manager, BBVA Compass
- Jenna Saucedo-Herrera, president and CEO, San Antonio Economic Development Foundation
- Samar Shah, counsel, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- William Shaw, owner, Law Offices of William Shaw PLLC
- Heather Shipley, chair of the department of civil and environmental engineering, University of Texas at San Antonio
- Chad Stasik, assistant professor and associate program director for thoracic surgery residency, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Kristal Thomson, attorney, Langley & Banack, Inc.
- Matt Yantis, president, Yantis Co.
Click here to register to attend the 40 Under 40 event, or contact the Business Journal’s event staff at email@example.com or 210-477-0855.