John Yantis, founder of Yantis Company, graduated from Texas A&M in 1953. After serving in the United States Military John went on to work for HB Zachry Company and later became an equipment salesperson. In 1965, at the young age of 33, John decided to found John Yantis Company. Together with his first equity partner, Norm Harwell, John turned $20,000 into what Yantis Company is today.
John started Yantis Company with the idea that he would be a specialist in jobs that other people would consider difficult. His first project was a 36” sewer main that was over 16 feet deep in rock. John conducted firsthand the blasting and laying of this sewer. Despite the difficulty, John’s first project turned a substantial profit and allowed John Yantis Company to continue to grow.
Over the years John has been heavily involved and honored for his business and civic activities around San Antonio. John managed Yantis Company alone from 1965 until the early 80’s when his son J. Mike Yantis joined the firm. Under John’s leadership the company grew from a utility firm to a full service turnkey civil contractor. Some of the notable projects John was involved with include: Central Park Mall, Ingram Park Mall, Loop 410, the New Braunfels Wal-Mart Distribution Center, and Six Flags Fiesta Texas.
Over the years John has been heavily involved and honored for his business and civic activities around San Antonio:
– Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year (1988)
– Aggie 100 (2005,2006,2007)
– Texas A&M Letterman Hall of Honor Inductee (1999)
– Valero Alamo Bowl Chairman (2007)
– Oak Hills Country Club President (1989, 1999)
– Boysville Board of Directors (1980-1984)
– AGC Area Chairman
– Inc 500 Fastest Growing Companies in America
– Served on Texas A&M 12th Man Foundation Executive Committee from 1977-1983.
– Serves on 12th Man Foundation Board
– Endowed scholarships for Association of Former Students and 12th Man Foundation.
Join Our Newsletter
About Yantis Company
Copyright 2018 Yantis Company, All Rights Reserved.